Ministry of Foreign Affairs

According to the requirements of most major foreign missions and Embassies in Malaysia, certain documents require prior legalisation by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (also called Wisma Putra) before they are translated and the translation subsequently being submitted for endorsement/certification at the respective Embassy. 

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in West-Malaysia is located in Putrajaya, approximately 35km from the city of Kuala Lumpur. There is no public transport at this point in time connecting Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya. As such the Ministry of Foreign Affairs can be reached by car or taxi.

We provide you with the following services at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in relation to Malaysian certificates/documents that you require to be translated into a foreign language (e.g. English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, etc.) for official purposes (e.g. Visa, work permit, university application, etc.)

  • Legalisation of original documents such as birth, marriage, death or single status certificates
  • Certified true copy of passeports, MyKad, educational certificates (e.g. school & university diplomas/degrees, etc.)

Important remark: Legalising and certifying a document as a true copy constitutes 2 DIFFERENT procedures.

  • Legalisation of any certificate is performed on the ORIGINAL certificate (not on a copy).
  • A copy of a document can be certified ‘as a true copy’.

Call/SMS/WhatsApp us at +6017-654 8758 or directly email us your documents to and we’d be glad to assist!