- German Embassy legalisation and translation endorsement fees of € 25 = MYR 115.00 as of Embassy exchange rate in August ’18)
- French Embassy legalisation and translation certification fees of € 25 = MYR 115.00 as of Embassy exchange rate in August ’18)
- Any original Malaysian birth, marriage, death or single status certificate for translation/submission at the German Embassy must bear the legalisation seal of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. As per the requirements of the German Embassy, any legalisation seal of the Ministry must bear the name of the registrar. No original certificates bearing the legalisation seal of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs stating the wordings ‘OFFICIAL’ instead of the name of the respective certifying registrar can be accepted for legalisation by the German Embassy. As ‘older versions’ of birth and marriage certificates often do not contain the details of the civil registrar, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs can in turn not specify the name of the registrar in their legalisation seal. As such a ‘new version’ of the respective certificate can/must be obtained at JPN Putrajaya for the German Embassy to accept to legalise the original certificate from their side.
- Application of Malaysian driver’s licence for holders of the German driver’s licence: No translation of the German driver’s licence is required as per the requirements of the German Embassy in Kuala Lumpur. A standard conversion letter issued in English can be obtained at the German Embassy upon presentation of the original German driver’s licence in exchange of € 25 (MYR 115.00 as of Embassy rate in July ’18) that will be accepted by the Malaysian authorities.
- As per the requirements of the German Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysian birth or marriage certificates issued in JAWI, which are to be translated into German language, are to be translated into ENGLISH language FIRST by the ITBM (Institute of Translation & Books). Thereupon the German translation can be issued by us. (Note: The German Embassy will not accept a direct translation from ITBM from JAWI to German).
- In order to obtain a certificate of capacity to marry from the German authorities, the Malaysian (Muslim) spouse must obtain a single status certificate/declaration which can be obtained at the Islamic Religious Department of Selangor.
News & Updates